Saturday, January 23, 2010

Operation: Home Sweet Home



We moved into our house almost 2 years ago.
I still do not have pictures on the walls....
Curtains...... Nada....
Our house has been a blank slate long enough!

My New Year's resolution is to make this house our home.
I decided to start in the kitchen.
After all, it is the place I spend 75% of my day.

Phase 1: Paint
This has been the hardest step for me. {so far}
Those of you who know me, know just how indecisive I can be.
Choosing a color all on my own would have been like watching grass grow.
So, I just stole my friend Leah' s color.  {Khaki by Waverly sold at Lowe's}
I just loved it in her house.

I was so eager to get started that I forgot to take the "before" photos.
So these will have to do.
                                                                              Before:


After:



And the keepin' it real version: {before}





                                                                              After:



Phase 2 will be window treatments. 


 See those U.G.L.Y. vertical blinds????  Those pain-in-my-rear things are about to be history!

 I have big plans for that sliding glass door.
Easy, no sew curtains.
I hope to have that accomplished by next weekend!!!
By now you all know what a big procrastinator I am...

Phase 3 has to do with the island...


This is the plan:

Sara, the Thrifty Decor Chick, transformed her island and I want to copy her!!!
She makes it look doable on her blog....I'll try my best!


Phase 4 will ~hopefully~ be crown molding.  Someday......

8 comments:

Anonymous January 23, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

So pretty!! Love the "keepin' it real" pic....reminds me of my house. {LOL} I can't wait to see everything you do! XOXO

yvonne January 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Sister you are awesome!!! Wish you lived with me, looks great and I do love the color.

Carey January 23, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

Your home is beautiful! I love the random stuff on the counter that nobody claims! That's every woman's house :)
Love the thrifty decor blog too!
You can do that island...seriously!

Heather January 24, 2010 at 10:53 PM  

Your kitchen is beautiful! Love the color! Looks awesome. keep the momentum going!!

Cate O'Malley January 24, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

Love the new paint color! It looks a little similar to what I put in my dining room a few weeks ago. Nothing like a fresh coat of paint with a new color to give everything a whole new look.

House Queen January 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

Now you are going to get the painting bug that hit me last summer! It looks great! I wish you lived here too and we could help each other!!!! I cannot wait to see more ! I too have been thinking of doing something with my work island but I am very nervous about it!!!!

The Undomestic Mom January 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

I just saw your blog on short southern momma and I love it! Im a new follower :) Your house is GORGEOUS!

Charris February 2, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Your home is beautiful. I love the changes. Can't wait to see the island. I am looking forward to doing all these things when we buy our first house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Really Cool People...

Places I Spend Way TOO Much Time At:

StatCounter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP