Monday, August 31, 2009

Our Weekend Getaway

Friday morning we headed out with a group from Tony's battalion for a marriage/family retreat. This was our first time on a retreat and very glad that they included the kids. Also, the trip was completely paid for by the Army. How could we say no?

There were about 15 couples total, plus kids. For the drive up it was very cloudy and rainy, so I didn't take any pics. We stayed in Blue Ridge, GA. For starters, the hotel was great. (Still no pictures, sorry.) After we settled in, it was time to head back out. It was time to eat.

This little place was great.

It was like a cross between Star Point and Cracker Barrel.






The view from the back deck of the restaurant.




Of course the kids had to have the sugar crystal lollipops....

And that was pretty much a wrap on the first night.

Saturday was the "BIG DAY". After sitting through a few hours of the "marriage conference" part, it was time to hit the Ocoee! Yes, white water rafting! Yes, I was scared. They did allow children 12 and up, so I knew it couldn't be too bad. Lexie did join us, as well as her friend in the above picture. We had a great time. No one fell out of our raft! I'll post those pictures later, obviously I could not bring my camera for that part! We'll have to order the ones the company took for us.

After a quick clean up we headed out to Mercier Orchards for a tour and to shop around.

Just as we pulled in it started raining. No tour, so we just wandered around the store. There was so much good stuff. So much that I forgot that I was holding the camera and didn't take any pictures.

A quick one before we left.

I don't understand why they totaled the numbers. Am I missing something? Is it an orchard thing?


For some reason Jacob becomes a grump when the camera comes out.



After the orchard, it was time to eat again. We hit the same little place. I forgot to mention these guys eariler:

They were great. They preformed both nights. Think.... the Soggy Bottom Boys from the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack. They even played Rocky Top just for Tony!

And to make the last night even better, dessert was the best pie ever. The look on Tori's face when she took her first bite was priceless, but I wasn't holding the camera. This was the second bite....



I love peanut butter pie. The perfect ending.

4 comments:

House Queen August 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

Looks like a great trip...and it SO reminds me of Star Point!!!!!!

Farmgirl Paints September 2, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

Oh my gosh that peanut butter pie looked sooo good. Now I have a craving:)

Jennifer Juniper September 3, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

That looked like a great day! I love finding cool places like that to hang. The band would have sold it for me. And, whatever happened to that pie was a travesty!

Dana D September 6, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

You are right! We ARE almost neighbors! We live in Elgin, so we're on the NE side! What a small, small world!

I love your blog! You have such beautiful pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Really Cool People...

Places I Spend Way TOO Much Time At:

StatCounter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP