Thursday, October 29, 2009

Procrastinate Much?

* Disclaimer:

This post is WAAAAAY longer then I intended.  Full of pictures of my pantry. If this kinda stuff bores you, don't even bother.  You will be board to tears by the end.   
You've been warned. 



Okay, I know just how late I am.  Don't get me started.  So, without further adieu, the progress I have accomplished.



Before:


Almost there:


Before:


Better:



***We Interrupt This Post For Breaking News***

Tony and I have a Military Ball to attend soon and I have not been to a salon in over a year.  So, in the middle of the pantry makeover I decided to treat myself to a makeover. 


It was TIME.  A trip to the salon was worth every penny!



***Now Returning To The Post Already In Progress***



I love these baskets! I want to get more!  They are a perfect fit.

The best part...they were $12.99 each from Target.  I found them on clearance for $4.54 !!!  I will be trying to get at least 4 more!

How cute is this?  I {puffy heart} hot chocolate.


The other side. 

It is still a work in progress and will continue to be until someone drops some cold hard cash in my lap.


Did you notice something in the above picture?



Perhaps something from the sneak peek?



Remember these?


Take ordinary contact paper and cut it to the size you want.


Just spray them with a few good coats of chalkboard spray paint.
And you're good to go. 

An easy way to transform this $2.99 jar from Wal-Mart...


into this:


Just peel and stick!


Seriously?  How cute are they?



The hardest part was waiting for the paint to dry between each coat (I did about 4)!!!  Super easy.


They make me smile when I look in the pantry now.

I will be buying more of these too!

So, that's it...for now.  Like I said it will continue to be a work in progress.  At least I can see the floor now.

This is the first real pantry we've had.  It really feels too big.  I guess I should start buying in bulk now.  I've always wanted to, we just never had the storage before.   


So, if you're still here, thanks for sticking around.  
Now....don't you want to go make some chalkboard labels?
I can think of SO many more uses for them!

6 comments:

House Queen October 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

I have been waiting for this post! It looks great. I wish I had a pantry like that. Mine is great but I would love to be able to store my larger appliances in one instead of in my cabinets. When we build on, I plan on turning my laundry room into a pantry! I am so into chalkboard paint ideas! I have so many things piled up ready for it!

Oh...and I LOVE the makeover!!! Great cut!

Dianne Avery October 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

I LOVE the chalkboard paint idea, I'm definitely going to do that. Thanks!!

Joyce October 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Jessica I love the makeover. You look beatiful. Keep it like that.

laura October 31, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

ok, first of all - GREAT hair makeover!! as someone with super straight hair, i am jealous of your curls, BUT what a flattering, adorable haircut you got!! very nice. :)

your pantry looks great. it feels great to have that kind of area organized. and i totally love your chalkboard labels. i am going to have to try that!

thanks for visiting my blog! happy halloween!

Chris November 2, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

You've got some gorgeous hair, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way...but you look like you have completely different hair in the after picture! It looks amazing!!! I love the color, the cut, the shape--everything! How fun is that?! Next up...the pantry. I'm in love. I LOVE pantries! Yours is no exception!

Anonymous November 4, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE COME AND HELP ME WITH EVERYTHING. I HAVE SOME CHALKBOARD PAINT LEFT OVER FROM KATELYNS ROOM, THAT IS SUCH A GREAT IDEAL......................
LOVE YOU
YVONNE

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Really Cool People...

Places I Spend Way TOO Much Time At:

StatCounter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP