Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

Warning: This is a very long post all about our week, so if you don't like long posts feel free to skip this one. You won't hurt my feelings.

Friday April 3, was the kick off to spring break. The kids enjoyed field day school. It was also report card day! We jumped right in and started spring cleaning around the house.

Saturday was yard work! The kids pitched in and pulled weeds.

Monday was movie day and we took the kids to see the new Race to Witch Mountain. I had seen the original, but didn't remember too much about it. The kids really liked it.

Tuesday ended up being tire day...we started to go to TN, and Tony checked my tires and saw that they were not. good. So...needless to say that new tires took a bite out of our travel funds.

And if you haven't noticed I was not in the picture taking mood up to this point.

Thursday was awesome! My friend Leah and I took the kiddos to the beach for the day in Charleston. This is Tori and Emma...these two are so much alike! Two peas in a pod.

Anna Leigh and Lexie...also two peas in a pod!

This is what Jacob chose to wear to the beach.......long sleeves. Which ended up being very smart, he didn't get sunburned like the rest of us!




After the beach it was on to the candy store. Which I did not take a picture of. It was great I tell you. Barrels full of candy for you to buy by the pound! So after loading up on some sugar we headed for the market. As we were getting ready to cross the street we saw this:




Now, this was picture worthy. Why? Why would everyone want to stick their gum here? Is it because it is right outside the candy store? I want answers!!! And YES, that is the U.S. Customs building in the background! Love it.



If that's not enough for ya...... I took a close up:






Yes, Jacob did indeed touch it.

Then we took a walk through the market. Lots of cool junk. Sorry, no pictures. After the market we most certainly did not go to Haagen-Dazs for ice cream. Well, maybe. I'm not tellin' !


I don't remember the actual name of this park, we called it the pineapple park.









This is my good friend Leah, we met because our girls take dance together. We have found that not only do our girls have a lot in common, we do too! We saw a couple of antique stores and a few other shops that we are gonna have to come back to sometime as a momma's day out.
I know what you're thinking...great hair Jess! In my defense, I did wear a hat most of the day. I don't know what possessed me to take it off!

Silly girls.


My tree huggers at The Battery.



Love the dirty feet.


Jacob avoided the camera most of the day, but he finally gave in.
After a long day what better than Cracker Barrel to end it!





This Saturday was our neighborhood egg hunt. This was about 1/3 of the field.








Alexis played with my camera.

Later we headed to Skateland. The kids are really enjoying going there. Tony even got in on the action! And of course I left the camera at home! It was so fun watching him...he was like a kid. I think that the kids didn't believe that he knew how to skate!


On Sunday the Easter Bunny came.



Yes, that is a mini tube of toothpaste in the basket. Hey, the old E.B. doesn't want the kids to get cavities after all that chocolate!



After church and lunch and playing outside with friends we had our own Easter egg hunt. It was a great end to a great week. It was nice to be able to really enjoy the whole week. No rushing around, no places to be on time to. So, if you made it to the end of this post without falling asleep, congratulations! Thanks for hangin' in there!

2 comments:

House Queen April 13, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

I made it to then end and enjoyed reading all about it! Sounds like a great time had by all! And...I think you look great even with the wind blown hair! Great pics!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful April 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

What great pictures to document a fun week! That light pole outside the candy store with all the gum stuck to it was priceless...and a bit gross, but nonetheless kinda cool! But I think my favorite pic was the one of your daughter hanging from the tree with dirty feet. I LOVE it!

Happy Weekend ~ Amanda

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Really Cool People...

Places I Spend Way TOO Much Time At:

StatCounter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP