Saturday, April 18, 2009

Playin' with the Camera

I've been hoping to get around to showing you more of our neighborhood. Last night the kids had friends over and they wanted to take Mater for a walk run. So, I grabbed my camera (hoping to practice some of the new tricks I picked up). They wanted to go to Sunset Park, which is a hop, skip and jump from our house. Really neat park. There are picnic tables and swings and a really neat dock, that I didn't get any pictures of because there were some men fishing off of it. SO...here is Lake Carolina.
I know it's no Dale Hollow, but it's a great place to bring the kids and Mater. It's quite and usually we have it all to ourselves. I don't know if it's because not many people know about it or maybe they're too busy. We've just never seen more than a couple of people here when we come. But I like it that way!



Jacob actually ask me to take his picture this time!





My ABSOLUTE fav picture from the evening!!!
I have gotten SO frustrated at times trying to figure out all settings on this camera. I think I'm finally starting to understand a little bit.


This one was fun. I want to do more like this....



Don't you just want to eat her? -I mean Abby, not the bug. She named this caterpillar Sheila.
She loves bugs. She named this one TobyMac.

I love the way it Toby lines up with his mouth!


This one is Luigi.


These kids are so different from me. I don't think I EVER touch a bug when I was little....or as an adult either! No bugs for me thank you very much.

I had fun playing around with the camera settings and can't wait until I can get my hands on photoshop!

2 comments:

House Queen April 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Great pics!!! When you learn some good tips and tricks or figure out new settings, fill me in! I am constantly trying to learn more as well. Oh...and you can download a free 30 day trial of photoshop online and try it out. I did...but there is so much on it that it is a bit overwhelming!!!

LEAH WEILAND April 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

OH HOW I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! I HAD TO CHECK THIS AS SOON AS WE GOT BACK FROM THE BEACH AND I'M SOO GLAD THAT I DID!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Really Cool People...

Places I Spend Way TOO Much Time At:

StatCounter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP