Friday, June 19, 2009

ZOO........the never ending version.....

I have been informed, by someone who shall remain nameless, that I have been slacking on this blog. I hope this post makes you happy. After you see all these pics, you'll know why it took so long!

We have been staying busy...Alexis was at dance camp all last week, and Tuesday we were invited to come hang out at the zoo with Wendy, Savannah and Ava. Savannah is in the middle of Jacob and Tori. I use to keep her when we lived here before. She and Tori are the same age. Now I keep her little sister Ava, she's on the right in the wagon. That's Kaylee on the left.




We got to the zoo around lunch time so there was a lot of this happening...


They got to feed the giraffes...yuck, the kids enjoyed it though.






Feeding the birds .....



They are holding little cups of nectar.






Our zoo is pretty big and hard to see all in one day. So, guess what? ..........



Give up?...........





That's right, we went back on Thursday! This time with our buddies the Weiland's. Lexie got to come along this time but we were without Kaylee. We started the day at the library and a mobile star lab that was very cool! Then we picnicked down by the river at the zoo and then headed off to explore the zoo some more...


Jacob was there, he just refused to be in the picture.


Very large Galapagos turtle...



Loved these love birds...




Jacob wanted me to get a shot of them diving and swimming. Those little guys are super fast.

This was the best shot I could get.


Jacob could have hung out with this guy FOREVER...

I must have 10 pictures of this guy . Now Jacob is saving his money for a pet lizard!



Now... I usually love going in the aquarium. I could watch the fish all day. Not to mention that it's nice and air conditioned! It was so hot on Thursday that we tried to stay in the exhibits that were air conditioned. However, I noticed something different this time. Some of the sea creatures are very scary looking.....


Not these creatures....they are too sweet!




I'm talking about these...

His name is George. Really.

Doesn't make him any less scary.






This picture does NOT do this guy justice! He was massive.


By the end we all felt pretty much like this guy...

And if you read all of this you probably feel like him too.

1 comments:

House Queen June 24, 2009 at 2:21 AM  

I feel like I am in a zoo with all of my painting and moving of furniture. Oh and sleeping in the floor on a mattress adds to the feeling as well! Looks like you all had a great time! But...I am very scared of that pet lizard idea! EWWWWWW...I am terrified of them! Good luck with that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Really Cool People...

Places I Spend Way TOO Much Time At:

StatCounter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP